EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
University of St. Thomas
Sam Houston St. Univ.
Bachelor of Business Admin.
James “Jim” Saba has nearly 40 years of project management experience in engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning projects. Project Controls roles include department manager, project controls manager, scheduling manager, senior planner/scheduler, cost manager, cost engineer and assistant business manager.
RELEVANT INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
- Project portfolio planner for Pattern Energy renewables (Wind, Solar, and Offshore Wind)
McDermott, Sr. Planner/Scheduler
- Lead construction planner for a large-scale TOTAL ethane cracker mega project in Houston, TX and Port Arthur, TX.
- Responsible for overall construction schedule/progress, and team management
- Assisted in redesign plot plan to include subareas that optimized quantities and labor density to enhance construction execution.
Sasol, Sr. Planner/Scheduler
- Lead planner for a large-scale ethane cracker and derivatives mega project
- Managed the planning activities of Fluor/Technip Inc. (FTI) for three major units: Ethane Cracker, Ethylene Oxide/ Ethylene Glycol (EO/EG), and Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) projects.
- Performed audits to evaluate scope of work, CPM logic analysis, logic density, and overall schedule integrity
Conoco Phillips, Sr. Planner/Scheduler
- Portfolio planner/scheduler for L48 Permian Conventional projects group.
- Integrated both legacy and expansion projects
- Developed and maintained resource loaded schedules (hours and dollars), used to evaluate cash flows, and manpower personnel requirements.
SMB Atlanta, Inc., Sr. Planner/Scheduler
- Lead planner/scheduler for an EPCI FPSO (Dis-connectable / Reconnectable) conversion designed for the Shell Stones project in the Gulf of Mexico
- Lead planner for a Multi-Million dollar FPSO
- Developed a CPM conversion schedule that encompassed Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning.
Austin Industrial, Scheduling Manager
- Project controls planner/scheduler for a multi-billion dollar brown field (Motiva) Refinery
- Managed/monitored cost, schedule, contracts, progress and estimates for the Keystone XL
Florida Power & Light, Project Controls Dept. Mgr.
- Project Controls at Florida Power & Light for a two (2) billion dollar Nuclear Extended Power Uprate (EPU) project.
Jacobs Engineering, Project Controls Manager
- Established an integrated CPM schedule and cost system for a BP EPC project.
Calpine Corporation, Project Scheduling Manager
- DOE project that implemented downstream financials and fuel tracking
Dow Chemical, Project Controls Lead
- Lead oversight role for a multi-billion dollar revamp and new construction chemical facility in East Germany
Stone & Webster Engineering, Lead Cost Manager
- Generate monthly revenue and forecast status for power, process and offshore projects in Saudi Arabia, USA, & China
Grumman Space Systems Division, Cost Engineer
- Cost Analyst, Space Station Freedom for NASA
- Large Construction Projects
- Wind transmission expertise up to 3,200 MW
- Solar up to 800 MW
- Primavera P6 and Primavera Web
- Acumen Fuse 360